In this week’s episode, I chat with Flora Baker (aka Flora the Explorer) about our individual experiences of grief, the surprising benefits it offered, and how to support someone who is grieving.
We talked about:
- Why Flora doesn’t “write for SEO” – and the pros and cons of this approach for her
- Transitioning from writing about travel to writing about mental health when her dad died
- The benefits of being more open in talking about mental health and therapy
- What it’s been like for both of us to transition away from travel blogging
- The mental health impacts of travelling
- Writing for the joy of writing
- Dealing with grief and supporting someone who is grieving (here’s Flora’s post about how she details with grief)
- Nick Cave’s letter on grief
- The surprising benefits of grief
Please think about leaving the show a rating & review. For each one I receive, I give £2 to my chosen charity, which changes monthly.
Last month’s charity= Endometriosis UK
This month’s charity= Shelter
Thanks to our sponsors for this season; The Blogger Course (get 20% off with the code WhatSheSaid) and SudioSweden (get 15% off with the code WhatSheSaid). Please support them the way they’re supporting me 🙂