In this week’s episode, I chat with Vicky Flip Flop about the nitty gritty of going on press trips – what it’s really like, how to get invited on them, and how to provide value to brands.
We talked about:
- Vicky’s journey as a festival blogger and how it’s opened her up to some “cheeky” collaborations
- Whether it was easier for us starting out in blogging before everyone had slick websites with all the bells and whistles (check out Vicky’s blog post on this topic)
- How Vicky knew it was time to take her blog full-time
- The stress that comes with being a digital nomad
- What it’s like to go on a press trip and why it’s not a free holiday
- The things that provide value to brands and what could get you in trouble as a blogger
- Why Vicky hates Instagram and my top tip for falling back in love with the platform
- My conversation with Anna aka Ardent Wanderess
- How Vicky stays consistent with blogging three times a week
Please think about leaving the show a rating & review. For each one I receive, I give £2 to my chosen charity, which changes monthly.
Last month’s charity= Endometriosis UK
This month’s charity= Shelter
Thanks to our sponsors for this season; The Blogger Course (get 20% off with the code WhatSheSaid) and SudioSweden (get 15% off with the code WhatSheSaid). Please support them the way they’re supporting me 🙂