In this week’s episode, I chat with one of the first bloggers I ever followed, Kate McCulley aka Adventurous Kate. Kate has always been super honest and political online, so we chat about her experience being shipwrecked, being political online, and how Kate tries to be an ally as much as possible.We talked about:
- Kate’s experience being the first blogger to focus on solo female travel
- Getting more comfortable with speaking out and being political online
- The topics that have been the most controversial on Kate’s blogs
- Learning to weave your personality and your political opinions into your writing
- The stumbling blocks Kate ran into in her early days of solo travel and blogging
- Kate’s experience being shipwrecked and the travel and blogging advice she’d offer as a result
- Using your voice to lift up others and support the causes you believe in
- What’s been annoying us in the blogosphere these days
- My theory on why there’s a lack of original voices in the blogosphere (spoiler: I blame the patriarchy!)
You can find me on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest @lucylucraft or on my blog: lucylucraft.com.
Please think about leaving the show a rating & review. For each one I receive, I give £2 to my chosen charity, which changes monthly.
Last month’s charity= Endometriosis UK
This month’s charity= Shelter
Thanks to our sponsors for this season; The Blogger Course (get 20% off with the code WhatSheSaid) and SudioSweden (get 15% off with the code WhatSheSaid). Please support them the way they’re supporting me 🙂