In this week’s episode, I chat with Rida of Before and Again about our experiences of being biracial women. We talked about:
- Growing up with a name that people make fun of or pronounce incorrectly
- Rabya’s Instagram Stories about being invisible online and being a “white-passing” woman
- Why we sometimes choose to “whitewash” ourselves despite having pride in our heritage
- The importance of being political and speaking out – even if clumsily – on our platforms
- The emotional labour of educating others about racism and privilege
- Rachel Cargle’s free 30-day challenge, Do The Work
- Amplifying as many voices as possible as an ally
You can find me on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest @lucylucraft or on my blog: lucylucraft.com.
Please think about leaving the show a rating & review. For each one I receive, I give £2 to my chosen charity, which changes monthly.
Thanks to our sponsors for this season; The Blogger Course (get 20% off with the code WhatSheSaid) and SudioSweden (get 15% off with the code WhatSheSaid). Please support them the way they’re supporting me 🙂