For a blog that is supposedly ‘where travel and beauty meet’….there ain’t been too much beauty round these parts of late.
That is all about to change and in a pretty exciting way, as I introduce some fab guest bloggers who are contributing to WanderLuce in the next few weeks. Keep Fridays free for your weekly dose of Travel Beauty.
I recently booked flights home to the UK for a two-week holiday, and one of the things I am VERY excited about (aside from seeing friends and family…and let’s face it, stuffing my face with Jaffa Cakes) is hitting the drugstore for some serious swatching action.
I cannot wait to get my grubby mitts on the latest offerings in Boots, Superdrug, Space NK, Selfridges, House of Fraser…OH MY. Naturally, I have started writing a list and as per my vagabond lifestyle — every item is a product which I deem apropo for travelling.
How many of these are you popping in your virtual shopping basket?
1) Clinique Even Better Foundation: This foundation is dreamy. I switch to various different ones but honestly, nobody does it better than Clinique. If you have anything less than perfect skin, and like the benefits of skincare in your foundation — get thyself to Clinique.
2) Eyeliner: I only use liquid, as I have oily hooded eyelids (GROSS) and need one with a stack of staying power. This Kat Von D treat is the one.
3) Face Wash: Skincare is my one true passion when it comes to beauty, and I am a sucker for a melty oily based jobby (technical speak). I’m currently using a super cheap Superdrug melting gel cleanser which I have been enjoying, however I am thinking of treating myself to a big ole tube of Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel, squeals thinking about it.
4) Blotting Paper: It’s no surprise that Thailand is hot. Very hot, and even though I’ve acclimatised to it a bit, my makeup hasn’t. These will help me to avoid the Sweaty Betty look.
5) Magnitone Lucid Facial Cleansing Brush : The lovely people at Magnitone sent me one of these which I will be picking up as soon as I get home. I’m really looking forward to testing it out, as I J’Adore a facial brush. It’s nice and travel friendly too, and will supercharge the crappiest cleanser making it a bit of a must-have in my travel beauty kit.
6) Clarins SPF Stick: Stocking up on decent suncare isn’t easy in Thailand, and less so on a tiny island like Koh Tao — so I’ll be making sure I invest in this travel friendly SPF stick.
7) Muji Miniatures: Muji seriously rocks my world when it comes to getting your sh@t organised, so I’ll be making a beeline for it upon my return to the motherland and stocking up on new makeup pouches to store my brushes, nail files and refillable containers too.
8) Lush Solid Shampoo: There ain’t no haul like a Lush haul, ‘cos a Lush haul got solids…. I am a Lush obsessive, you know the drill.
9) Advanced Night Repair: Oh man, I have missed this product since I ran out circa 2014 and never re-purchased. I will be buying a new one this time around, as it is one of the best serums I have ever used, and is particularly brilliant for sun parched skin.
10) Makeup Brushes: I underestimated how much I rely on my makeup brushes and only brought three (Real Techniques Core Collection Kit). Foolish. I’ve got my eye on some Zoeva beauties.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links which I receive a small commission from, in the form of an Amazon gift card. Starred products are press samples and were kindly sent to me for free. All views are my own, regardless of who pays for the goods!