I meant to publish this WAY earlier but hey ho, I’m rarely on time in life so why would I be online? Actually, I’m ALWAYS on time but that lie made the opening sentence of this post easier to write so….
Pin this for later:
I’ve been vegan for a while now, vegetarian even longer, carnivorous intermittently, on a diet of breastmilk for a few short months, juicing = NEVER.
And it seems as though a fair few flirt with a flexitarian diet too. Perhaps you’ve found this piece searching for, “vegan recipes for people who like their stomach”, or perhaps for this, “why does vegan cheese make me cry” but more likely this, “vegan recipes because I’ve just signed up to Veganuary and I can’t eat any more Oreos.”
Perhaps none of the above. However you found me, you are in the right place if you want a roundup of my FAVOURITE, tried, tested and devoured vegan recipes.
Disclaimer: If you like chia seed puddings you’re in the wrong place. I hate that stuff!
- Turmeric Tofu Scramble | Pure Ella
- The Big Brekky | Lauren Toyota via her Vegan Comfort Classics cookbook (affil)
- Vegan pancakes | Loving it Vegan
- French toast | Minimalist Baker
- Homemade cinnamon granola
- Avocado on toast
- Garlicky mushrooms on toast | Delicious magazine
- Vegan BLT | Simple Vegan Blog
- Carrot cake porridge | The Spruce Eats
- Chickpea omelettes | The Vegan Society
I find lunch a weird one as anything I eat for my tea (dinner) I also eat for lunch. But I’ve popped some great sarnie and soup recipes and some more traditionally eaten at lunchtime. Rainbow sandwich
- Black bean wrap | Olive Magazine
- Vegan pesto caprese sandwich | Zen & Zaatar
- The BEST lentil soup | Gimme Some Oven
- Quick sugar snap and carrot noodles | Cookie & Kate
- Roasted veg & quinoa salad | Wallflower Kitchen
- Vegan black olive tart | Green Evi
- Vegan sushi | Gourmandelle
- Mediterranean sweet potatoes | Minimalist Baker
- Chickpea ‘tuna’ sandwich filler | Madeleine Olivia (I LOVE HER SO MUCH)
- Vegan Mac & Cheese | Minimalist Baker
- Vegan chilli (from A Guide for Wildflowers book) and courgetti (I just slice courgette with a mandolin)
- Red lentil and spinach lasagne |via Aine Carlin’s Keep it Vegan book (affil)
- Satay tofu skewers and rice pilaf (Fry onion and garlic in vegan butter, add rice and stock: I use a 2:1 stock/rice ratio)
- Shawarma cauliflower steaks | Minimalist Baker
- Creamy garlic mushroom pasta | Madeleine Olivia
- Avocado pesto pasta | Cearas Kitchen
- Moroccan squash stew | Abel & cole
- Aloo gobi & homemade garlic ‘naan’ (I smush garlic cloves inside a pitta and pop ’em in the oven for 10 mins)
- Sweet potato gnocchi | Pinch of Yum
If you’d like more zero waste tips, blogging advice and general musings – sign up to get my monthly letters. It’s a spam-free zone!