Top 5 Beauty Products for the Plane
My holiday starts at the airport and getting on a plane, for me, is a mega highlight of any trip I take. Aside from the fact that I love flying, I love everything about being on a plane. I like the tiny space and the small compartmentalised food. I like the free drinks, amazing entertainment and I tend to sleep like a baby.
However. I do not like how flying dries my skin out.
Even when I only fly for a few hours, the weird smelling compressed air and....yeah, let's be real, the alcohol leaves me with tight skin and those heinous 'faux wrinkles' you get when you are super dehydrated.
Now, I'm no Lisa Eldridge and I'm never going to spend 25 mins of my flight cleansing, acid tonight, sheet masking and lubricating my skin however, I have a pretty easy and awesome routine. I only use five products; they are all nice and small, pleasantly scented -- enough to relax you yet not so much that your neighbour hates you, and easy to use.
Here are my Top 5 Beauty Products for the Plane, in the order I put them on. I do this little routine pretty much as soon as I get on the plane (I have a terrible habit of falling asleep at takeoff) and, if it's a long flight, again before we land.
- Bioderma Miscellar Water | Decanted into a little Muji bottle, with a few cotton pads. I guess this is the only 'faffy' product, which is to say that you have to use both hands at some point in the process. Miscellar water is amazing at getting all the surface crap off your face (techy term) before you give it a proper cleanse of an evening, and on the plane it serves as a fab, easy peasy swipe of a cleanser.
- Nip & Fab Dragons Blood Fix Cleansing Pads | I take a few of these in a ziplock bag, and swipe one over my face (both sides of the pad!). If you are scared of acids, then the Dragons Blood range are a great intro. All my fave acids are here, namely hyaluronic and salicylic which nicely prep my skin for the intense moisturising it's about to get! Fab for dehydrated/acne prone skin.
- A Lovely Smelling Face Oil | I love face oils so much, despite always thinking i had 'combination' or 'oily' skin. Even if you do have these catch all skin types, you can and should use a face oil. My lovely friend Sanne bought me a gorgeous, organic little gem of a face oil (made on Koh Tao) for my birthday this year and I am addicted to it.
- Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute Masque | This cheeky face mask is actually more of a moisturiser than anything. You can apply this as sparingly as you like, and wipe the excess off after about 20 mins however I apply it thickly and leave it to sink in like an intensive moisturiser. I love French beauty brands, and Nuxe are particularly awesome for skincare.
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream | The last thing I do before I nod off to the dulcet tones of the aircraft is to apply a nice layer of Eight Hour Cream to my lips. Nothing beats this wonder cream for me, end of. Or as Americans would say, period.
An optional extra, and a personal fave of mine, is to replace my face oil with a heaped tablespoon of Guerlain Midnight Secret Late Night Recovery Treatment. I LOVE this product to the moon and back, and get through about 3 bottles a year.....which is probably more enduring than my love affair with cheese. One of these days I should probably read the ingredient list......
What's your fail safe flight regime?
Shop The Post
[AMAZONPRODUCTS asin="B003MGRT2Q"] [AMAZONPRODUCTS asin="B00OYT1G2Y"]
[AMAZONPRODUCTS asin="B004SUH21I"] [AMAZONPRODUCTS asin="B00BH4O1L2"]
[AMAZONPRODUCTS asin="B00375L8SI"] [AMAZONPRODUCTS asin="B000MLFMXC"]
If you liked this post, please consider sharing on social media (using the cheeky little icons just below the text) and make sure you subscribe to the blog, so you never miss a post again!