It’s officially Autumn, and it has barely stopped raining all week…..so I am moving on from my pastel, coral, pink Summery shades and moving into the blues, plums and nudes of Autumn/Fall/Winter. Whilst that will mean a bit more effort on keeping my hand veeeery still while I try to apply said nail polish, it does make much moreof a statement which hopefully means I can stay in my PJ’s all day long and nobody will notice because my nails are so distracting. Sound logic I’m sure you’ll agree.
- Whilst I don’t get on super well with Chanel Le Vernis nail polishes, in that they chip pretty quickly, I do LOVE the colours. Given that it’s Autumn, I’m plumping for Rouge Noir, the perennial classic nail colour (and MVP in Pulp Fiction). It’s just so chic.
- Like most colour phobes, I love a classic nude and my absolute favourite shade is Nails Inc’s Porchester Square which has amazing staying power. I am almost out, so will have to grab the new Kale superfood version, which is quite honestly against my better judgement.
- I am still loving white as a nail polish colour….but I’m sort of moving more towards a metallic hue. For Christmas my mum pops a nail polish in my stocking (yes, I am 31 and I still get a stocking) without fail so I am using last years Rimmel I Love Lasting Finish version in the shade ‘Your Majesty’ which is amazing. Aside from the brush (which is a bit fat for my liking) I think Rimmel nail polishes are a winner and amazing value at less than a fiver too.
- This cheeky Ciate London Paint Pot in ‘Pool Party’ popped into my life last week and I immediately fell head over heels for it. It is so vibrant and dare I say it, jazzy, and I can’t get enough. Ciate London are such dream boats as a brand, and I am kinda desperate for their Christmas Advent Calendar full of miniature nail polishes…..hint hint.
- Ah Red, you old charmer you. Is there anything better than Red nail polish I ask you? I bought this No 7 Gel-Look Shine Nail Varnish in ‘Pillarbox’ with a cheeky £3 off voucher (you know the ones) and it’s great value for money. The brush is nice and thing, the consistency smooth with a shiny finish and the staying power ain’t bad either.
What are your favourite Autumn colours? Do you like/have any of these shades?