One thing I absolutely love about having a blog is looking at the stats. Yep, my inner geek loves nothing more than poring over our statistics. My what an interesting bunch you are! Alongside the fact that one of our top searcg terms is ‘I love Lucy Myanmar’ you are all super interested in our Alternative Things to Do in Bangkok post. So we’ve decided to expand on that a little bit and share some more of our favourite cities starting with Barcelona.
1) We love Gaudi as much as the next person, and the Sagrada Familia is truly stunning….but we also love the food he undoubtedly ate whilst designing all that beautiful architecture too. I guess eating not necessarily an alternative thing to do as such…..but when was the last time you visited a city, and focused solely on food? It’s easy to get caught up in hitting all of the tourist attractions and ticking things off your list, but we always focus on food – it’s one of the best ways (in my opinion, it is the best way) to get to know a place. So eat your way to food nirvana because the food in Barcelona is insanely good.
2) Along the theme of food…..go to La Boqueria (the world famous food market), pick up some goodies and head to Barceloneta to sit and eat by te sea. I’m not sure that there is anything better than hearing the sea while you eat your delicious chorizo & manchego sarnie. Nowt better. When you’re finished up….head to Vasco Del Oro for some tapas and beer. Yum.
3) Spend a day wandering and snapping the gorgeous street art. Barcelona is stunning and everywhere we went we found beautiful street art on amazing architecture. I am so bad at describing things so i’ll let the pictures do the talking.
4) Visit the Erotic Museum! This is on La Ramblas and it’s quite a giggle…plus you get a drink with your ticket. It’s pretty interesting and you will definitely pick up some fun, if a little revolting, facts along the way. I mean, I wouldn’t go again – but it’s a bit different right?
5) Stay in an AirBnB which has a dog. We did, and got to hang out with the CUTEST miniature Yorkshire Terrier. He was utterly bonkers, but we totally fell in love with him and he spent many happy hours kipping on our bed.
What do you think? Have you been to Barcelona? What are your favourite things to do there? Please comment below and let us know:)